ESS/MB2 comes as a complete ready to use set , consisting of the ESS and the MB2 board.
MachBob2 (MB2) is designed
for industrial application and specifically to work with the Ethernet Smooth
Stepper (ESS) which is an excellent motion control board designed to be used
with Mach3 and Mach4Specification and Features:
using an Ethernet connection, the ESS is far more noise resistant than
when using a USB or parallel Port connection and therefore helps to
protect the logic signal when the controller and drives are located a
large distance from the computer.
- Runs on Mach3 / Mach4 with Windows XP, Win7, Win8 both 32 and 64 bit, on both desktop and notebook computers.
- New! Utilizes All 3 ports of the ESS.
The Motion Command Signal can be selected between Pulse/Sign, CW/CCW,
and Quadrature. Frequency can be selected from 32 kHz to 4 MHz
Differential line driver for motion signals, allows for longer wiring
with more resistance to interference when compared to TTL open end.
- New! A
single 24Vdc Power Supply is needed. There is a 5Vdc isolated and
non-isolated dc2dc converter on board, thus saving installation space
- New! OSSD (Output
Signal Switching Device) outputs and safety circuit are implemented when
a peripheral device such as a servo motor drive or a spindle VFD
(Variable Frequency Drive) trigger an alarm condition, which causes the
Safety Circuit to disengage the OSSD output. This method is used on
large CNC machines to cut power from the drives.
- New! LED status for all inputs and outputs including motion control signals. Makes it much easier to diagnose and trouble shoot.
- Isolated power and ground between the PC, ESS and I/O, which eliminates crossover noise and ground loop problems.
- New! Polarity and over voltage protection (in conjunction with a fuse) for the 24Vdc power supply.
“AnaSpeed” circuit has been implemented. This circuit is totally
isolated from the MB2 and forms a part of the VFD inverter, acting as a
digital VR (variable resistor). High voltage noise from the inverter
cannot cause interfere through this connection.
- A charge-pump signal is provided. This helps the user to form a safety interlock condition between controller and devices.
- 22 isolated input terminals, consisting of 17 terminals of NPN and 5 terminals of PNP type.
- 14 NPN isolated output terminals capable of sinking current up to 100mA for each channel and up to 500mA per group.
MB2v1.5, 2 onboard relays with both NO/NC contacts and “Off Delay
Time”. It allows the user to create a timing sequence for devices that
need to power up or power down independently at different times,which
can be used for such application as “Z Drop Protection”.
terminals for quicker connecting and disconnecting of cables. They are
resistant to vibration, so no more screws which have rattled loose and
no more forgetting to tighten.
The package NOT includes
- Ethernet cable.
- Power supply 24V 3Amp
Save money and time by choosing this
combination set. The MB2 is fitted with the ESS and all necessary
adjustments have been made. Download the special MB2 Profile for Mach 3
or 4 from the download links below. This will save you even more time
as it has many of the variables which Mach requires already completed.Related files
MB2 Owner's manual E1.6 Rev4
SCU + .Net Framework 4.0
SCU (small size without .Net Framework4)
Mach4 ESS Plugin Build186 and MB2 profile
Mach3 ESS Plugin and MB2 profile
MB2 Safety profile for Mach3
Link to ESS Manufacturer
Changing IP address of ESS
4 Mhz step frequency
256 Khz step frequency
Load and Current
Link to Product support
MachBob support forum