The MachDrive is CPLD-based, using LMD18245 proven reliable driver chip, 4 axis bipolar
microstepping motor driver, able to drive up to 3 Amp 48 Vdc. All in one design including opto-isolated parallel port interface, charge pump, idle current reduction, high output current for driving external relays, all are packed inside small footprint of red anodized aluminum heat sink housing with convenience pluggable screw terminal. Works with Stepper and Direction controller software such as Mach2, Mach3, TurboCNC, KCam and EMC
- 4 axis bipolar microstepping motor driver.
- LMD18245 proven and reliable based, delivering 3A per phase at 48V max.
- Chopper current control –no big resisters needed, no heat generated.
with transient voltage suppressor for each output to ground to protect
voltage spikes from motor start, stop and changing speed.
- Over current and over temperature protected by LMD18245.
- Drives 4, 6, or 8 wire bipolar and unipolar stepper motors.
- Hi speed drive with CPLD based with internal bug fixed for LMD18245.
- Torque compensation.
- Full Stepper, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 selectable with jumper and fixed for 1/10, 1/12 model.
- Accurate drive current setting by plug-in resistor, or vary setting from 330 mA to 3 Amp with on board trimpot.
- Accurate Idle current setting with plug-in resistor.
- Selectable charge-pump frequency from front panel switch button, 1 kHz-up, 4 kHz-up and 10-15 kHz and always on.
- Selectable idle time detection from front panel switch button, range from 1-120 minutes, never idle and always idle.
board parallel port interface with opto-isolated for all Inputs and
Outputs – hi speed 10Mbd for stepper and dir pulse signals.
- Output pins can sink up 350 mA, allow to connect to external relays directly.
- Maximum Stepper rate up to 100 kHz.
- All inputs are active low allows most parallel ports, including notebook to sink current in.
- Elegant red anodized aluminum heat sink housing.
- Over voltage and wrong polarity protection with help of external fuse on motor power supply.
- LEDs for Motor, Logic, Optoisolator power supply, Charge Pump, Idle, Status.
- Pluggable Terminal.
- Works with Step and Direction software such as Mach2, Mach3, TurboCNC, KCam and EMC.
- Tested with USB SmoothStepper from Warp9 Tech Design.