MB2 is a breakout board (BOB) for Ethernet SmoothSteppers
(ESS). MB2 v1.5
continues to improve on functionality and components over its predecessor. MB2 is an
industrial environment BOB, provides more convenient to make a connection, more
robust to the noise and more features.
Specification and Features:
The package INCLUDES
ESS, Ethernet connection helps controller and drives located away from
PC and has more noise resistant than USB and parallel port connection.
- Run on Mach3 / Mach4 with Windows XP, Win7, Win8 both 32 and 64 bit, on both desktop and notebook computers.
- New! Utilizes All 3 ports of ESS.
- New! Motion command signal can be selected between Pulse/Sign, CW/CCW, Quadrature. Frequency can be selected from 32 KHz to 4 MHz.
- New! Differential
line driver for motion signals, makes a longer wiring with more
resistant to interference when comparing to TTL open end.
- New! Single
24Vdc Power supply is needed. On the board consist of 5Vdc isolate and
non-isolate dc2dc converter, thus saving installation space and wiring.
- New! OSSD
outputs and safety circuit are implemented. When a peripheral device
such as servo motor drive and/or spindle VFD causes alarm. Safety
Circuit will disengage OSSD output. This method is used in big CNC
machine to cut power out off the drives.
- New! LED status for each input and output point including motion control signals. Makes it easy to diagnose the problem.
- Isolated power and ground between PC, ESS, I/O, which eliminates crossover noise and ground loop problem.
- New! Polarity and over voltage protection (in conjunction with fuse) for 24Vdc power supply.
- AnaSpeed circuit is implemented - the circuit is isolated from MB2
itself, But be a part of VFD inverter and acts as a digital VR. High
voltage noise of inverter can not interfere through this connection.
- A charge-pump signal is provided. This helps users to form a safety interlock condition among controller and devices.
- 22 isolated input points, consist of 17 points of NPN and 5 points of PNP type.
- 14 NPN isolated output points, sinks current up to 100mA for each channel (up to 500 mA per group, no short circuit protection).
- 2 relay, with both NO, NC contact.
- v1.5, Adding off delay time to on board relays for applications where off delay time are needed.
- Spring terminal for quicker connecting and disconnecting cable and resists to vibration. No more screws loose and tightening forgotten.
The package NOT includes
- Ribbon cables for connecting ESS to MB2.
- ESS board .
- Ethernet cable.
- Power supply 24V 3Amp.
- ESS Ethernet Smoother Stepper.
- MB2/ESS complete set controller and BOB.
MB2 Owner's manual E1.5
SCU + .Net Framework 4.0
SCU (small size without .Net Framework4)
Mach4 Plugin and MB2 pre-configuration profile
Mach3 Plugin and MB2 pre-configuration profile
MB2 Safety configuration profile
Link to ESS Manufacturer
Youtube -InstallationYoutube -Test
ESS/MB2 Mach3 Thai
ESS/MB2 Mach4 Thai
ESS/MB2 Mach4 English by Craig Smith
Changing IP address of ESS
4 Mhz step frequency256 Khz step frequencyLoad and CurrentLink to Product support
MachBob support forumShowcaseWeShipWorldWideBanner